Monday, May 5, 2014

The Wandering Fool Does Wandering Spirits

In my last blog post I said I'd be doing 30 days using E.A. Koetting's exercise from Evoking Eternity  involving Wandering Spirits to see what results I get from this exercise.

The exercise has one call upon wandering spirits to make themselves known to the magician, the magician then uses a series of structuring exercises to solidify the spirit and give it a perceivable form if only from an astral or 3rd eye view. Every night for the past month I would perform this exercise usually on my lunch break from work. I work nights so I had the city to myself more or less and my choice of places to practice from. The places I practiced from included abandoned crossroads, cemeteries, hospitals, a place where people were once executed by the state and a closed prison complex/mental health facility know for its poor treatment of it's patients.

Not once did I see anything as terrifying as this...Those soulless eyes.

When I first began this exercise I can honestly say I was not impressed. I got absolutely nothing save for minor impressions that I could easily write off as imagination. The more I progressed the stronger the impressions became. From feeling a general presence to seeing faces that would morph or change into various shapes and expressions. I was truly surprised that some of the stronger experiences were at locations I had little expectations of contact. I had parked deep down a rural road for one session and seen what appeared to be coyote in my minds eye, the more I focused on this it took the shape of a humanoid creature perched on all fours like a person simulating moving like an animal. I could not make out a face or make substantial contact with this spirit it moved around a bit in my sight and then vanished as if it had lost interest or satisfied it's own curiosity.

Another session at the local hospital did not provide any substantial contact which I was expecting. I did however have some emotional responses as I quieted myself. I felt a deep sense of worry and dread, not so much as if something would happen to me but to those I care about. This reminded me of the same feeling's I had when I lost my grandfather at this very hospital a few years earlier. This came as a shock to me as I'd made peace with his death long ago and do not mourn for him as he suffered greatly in his final days and knowing he was at peace was a great relief to me. I came to the conclusion that what I was experiencing was more akin to picking up on the emotional consciousness of the area and tuning into it.

I had quite a frightening experience at a location where prisoners where once executed and the electric chair used to do so was housed for many years after. I parked next to the building and stilled myself and began calling out to any spirit to make itself known to me. Just a few minutes later a stray dog had jumped into my open car window. The dog made no effort to attack and seemed extremely friendly as well as fond of Cheetos as I gave him some of my lunch once my heart stopped pounding and I was certain I didn't need to run home for clean pants. Apparently wandering spirits aren't the only thing I was attracting that night big ass goofy dogs heard my call as well. I had also spent some time at a local cemetery that is free of fences or gates which allowed me to pull in to a nice hidden spot and focus on the intent of the exercise. The most notable thing I experienced there was  a face I could clearly see that looked pleasant enough and then took on a shape and look of fear or pain and then vanished.

Wrong Goofy but no less terrifying when confronted on a dark night


The last night of the exercise I decided to go to a semi closed prison complex that also had several mental health facilities on it's grounds. This place was well known for the poor treatment of its patients as well the many deaths that took place on these grounds. I decided to make this the culmination of my 30 days and hoped to see some truly impressive results. 20 minutes after arriving I was deemed a person of interest by the police who patrol these grounds and was asked to be creepy elsewhere. I drove to a local park which hugs the complex grounds and began the exercise again. I was disappointed that I was asked to leave and a bit irritated but nothing like the anger that soon washed over me. The more I sat there focusing on the spirits the more livid I became. I was convinced I had wasted my time or my experiment had been ruined by the patrolling officer. This anger followed me for the next day and I seemed to feel a real negative cloud around me that seemed to be shared by others in my home.

I spoke to a good friend of mine Orismen from Orismen's lab ( http://orismenslab.blogspot.com/) and he thought I may have picked up on the negativity and brought a bit home with me. I took his advice under advisement and performed a good banishing followed by a cleansing bath and was surprised how I felt back to my normal self afterwards.

So in my estimation of this exercise 30 days is not fully enough time to get the full benefits of it, this exercise in my opinion would be much better suited to becoming a part of ones normal meditation/concentration exercises. A good exercise but definitely more time is needed with it.



As a final comment to this already long blog post I did find a quite interesting experience not related to the exercise but one I feel was benefited from the consistent structuring exercise I had completed. I decided to revisit the black mirror, something I've not had great success with as I usually get far better readings using the Tarot, Runes and Bones. I crafted a small mirror and began a really light hearted and not serious at all scrying session. Much to my surprise instead of the usual haze that seems to form over the mirror a literal mist looked like it began to project out of the mirror almost to my eyes. In this haze I saw flashes of light or sparks that would pull me out of the light trance I was in and I'd have to start fresh. I will make a point in saying this was not a serious session. I had people up and moving around as well house hold pets playing and being loud in my vicinity. I attributed this increase in success to the black mirror's use as a direct result of the structuring exercises. I'll hopefully have more to share in regards to the black mirror in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment