Monday, March 17, 2014

Hello and welcome all.

Since this is my first blog post I thought I'd clarify a few things. The mission of this blog is for me to further merge my spiritual and mundane life together as well as share my insights, ramblings and observations.

I used to be the type of person that kept his practice quite the secret and believed this to be the best and safest method. I grew up in a home with at mother who practiced and a father who was deep into divination and astral projection. Sounds great right? In retrospect yes. But I also saw the negatives and their impact on my family and our lives. My mother was the type who was proud of her spiritual beliefs and practices and did not hesitate to talk about it or express it in other manners. Living in the Bible Belt I witnessed a lot of persecution and discrimination because of this. So in a manner of speaking I learned what not to do. When I progressed from the dabbling stage to actually practicing on a regular basis I decided to keep my practices and beliefs to myself, to live a double life.

For years that double life served me well. In the mundane I was a regular Joe, working my 9-5 and living the average life. On the other side I was doing ritual to both increase my material and mundane life as well. Being a creator of sorts, molding reality if you will to see my desires and needs manifest in strange and interesting ways. A funny thing began happening the more magick I performed the more both my spiritual and mundane lives merged together. This was thrilling as well as scary, I saw new insights and found  a type synchronicity I never thought possible. The more this went on the more I realized this double life was not all it was cracked up to be. By denying my practices and beliefs I was in essence denying myself. I was living a lie no matter how I tried to sugar coat it and spin it to keep my fragile ego in check.


I'm more of a jeans and t-shirt guy...


 I don't mean I immediately donned robes and and began to walk the street as a sorcerer, I'll leave that to the role players and Cos play fans. What I mean is I no longer denied myself the presence of my spiritual work in my life. I've been slowly but steadily pushing my practices more and more to the forefront, opening my store and being open and public to my friends and less accepting family was both liberating and frightening. How would they react? What would they say? In the end I realized it wouldn't matter regardless. This is my life and my world to create around myself and ultimately I'm responsible for how it goes. I encourage everyone out there to do the same when the time is right, you'll know when that is. Trust me.

So with that being said, welcome and thanks for checking out my blog. I'll do my best to keep this blog up to date and share more with everyone.

Regards
TWF




No comments:

Post a Comment